Friday 15 February 2008

Winter in Berkeley

...is pretty nice at the moment. I have really been lucky: it hasn't rained a drop since I got back from PV almost two weeks ago. Up to the 60s and 70s every day. Sunny and cool. Jacket-weather at night. I am not doing much except online work and seeing friends.

One of them has a spare apartment in the Noe Valley area, which I can use as I want. But most of the time I am house-sitting in Berkeley.
My old friend Earl has a lovely old craftsman bungalow - redwood and fieldstone, with two fireplaces and a dandy kitchen. His wife, Giselle Shepatin, is a fashion designer (click for 2007 collection) and weight-lifting hall-of-famer, small gold
shown here about to win gold medal at Boulder, 2003. She has turned the house into my ideal 19th Century Turkish joy-house! You should see it. I will add pictures later. They are off at shows until next weekend.

OK here's a video about Earl's Crabbshack:

No comments: